Episode 9 – 9/3/2007
Guest: Eric Meyer, CSS Guru meyerweb.com
Background: CSS Master, Author, Teacher
Total Time: 25 minutes
What I like about doing Random Bits is the format — it’s very different from a typical interview where it’s just a question and answer session. Instead I try to have more of a conversation with the guest and let you, the audience, ease-drop in on the conversation.
This was definitely a fun interview for me! I’ve been wanting to interview Eric for awhile now but, well, I’m only a novice at CSS so I wasn’t sure I was worthy of being in his presence.
But because I didn’t want to limit you, our audience, from diving deeper into Eric’s CSS knowledge I decided to ask Tommy Olsson, friend of Search-This and CSS guru in his own right if he would join me. That way we could represent both sides of the CSS field, that of a beginner as well as someone who is very experienced.
You will be happy to hear that this will be a two part series! So what are you waiting for? This is Eric Meyer — the CSS ninja! Start listening!
- 00:27 – Learn some of the things Eric really enjoyed seeing implemented over the last 10 years
- 03:36 – Looking forward to CSS3
- 07:34 – They dumb things down for me
- 08:39 – We talk browsers
- 11:52 – Is IE working with the CSS community?
- 14:57 – Combating the “tables are ok” attitude
- 20:21 – Are the W3C specifications too hard to understand?
- 22:51 – Sites built in Flash *GASP*