Episode 12 – 11/19/2007
Guest: Matt Mullenweg, Developer and Entrepreneur Photo Matt
Background: WordPress Founder
Total Time: 30 minutes
This episode with Matt is a great one whether you are a developer, blogger, or both! But before I get started, let me first apologize for the break in episodes. We had some technical difficulties and one of our interviews didn’t record…twice! Yes, that’s right. Neil Patel talked to me on two separate occasions, and BOTH conversations failed to record. They were great talks so I hope that one day, I have the nerve to ask Neil to do it again!!
Back to my talk with Matt. I got to talk to him after some pretty big events: Blog World Expo, the announcement of the WordPress Theme MarketPlace, and the infamous PR update. Matt also tells us about the future of WordPress! This conversation really does speak for itself; have a listen now!
- 00:25 – Matt talks about BlogWorldExpo.
- 2:18 – We talk about the Theme MarketPlace.
- 10:09 – Could there be a plugin marketplace?
- 11:39 – Something close to Matt’s heart–Open Source software.
- 13:29 – How much thought goes into the User Experience Design?
- 15:30 – If Matt couldn’t use WordPress, what would he use?
- 16:30 – Will there be any default plugins in the next release?
- 19:25 – Is WordPress becoming more cache friendly?
- 20:41 – bbPress anyone?
- 23:35 – When will we see 2.4?
- 24:15 – WordPress as a CMS…
- 25:35 – Getting personal, we learn of mistakes Matt has made along the way.