Comment Info Tip Plugin
This WordPress plugin provides you and your commenter’s a bit of information on their posting stats.
How It Works
When you mouseover a commenter’s name you will see a tip appear displaying some information about that given commenter. The tip will display 1 of 4 results:
- If the commenter has only posted once then it will say so in the tip (see number 1 in the legend below).
- If the commenter has posted more than once we will look up the last three posts they have commented in and display links to those posts. This allows you to see which type of posts this user is interested in and easily navigate to those posts (see number 2 in the legend below).
- If the commenter has posted more than once we will attempt to search their RSS feed and show an excerpt from their last post (see number 3 in the legend below).
- If it’s a pingback or trackback the tip will indicate so (see number 4 in the legend below).
1. Download the .zip file from the link below and unzip it.
2. FTP the comment-info-tip folder to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins).
3. Activate the plugin. That’s it!
HELP A BROTHER OUT! If you installed the plugin then let your users know that you have done so and be sure to tell them where you got it. Thanks!
If you are having problems or just want to say something nice about the plugin you can here.
What is it looking up?
How it works is by looking up the users website address based on the comment ID. So if you change your website address it will be reflected in you comment count.